The Holidays are notorious for being a time when we allow ourselves to cheat. We give ourselves a pass to drink one too many champagnes and never turn down dessert. Although we swear to get our acts together with New Year’s resolutions and the hopes of turning a new leaf, it seems like a pretty reckless way to start fresh. Unfortunately these habits trickle down to our cuddly children. We all are guilty of treating our dogs with a little extra gravy in their bowls and one too many licks of whip cream.
This is why we’ve decided to come up with a very special Holiday Menu for our pups this year. Here at Pitty’s we wanted to create something special that still feels celebratory and most importantly like an indulgence. We decided to bring our favorite Holiday dishes to life for our dogs in a healthy, organic, homemade, nutritious dog treat.
So what’s in these bite sized masterpieces?
Super foods that pack a nutritional punch and always 100% Organic
Traditional Turkey Dinner
According to The International Business Times on average 46 million Turkeys are consumed on Thanksgiving alone, so there’s not doubt it’s a staple dish on many of our tables. Holiday or not dogs can’t resist it. Turkey has many nutritional benefits for our dogs and is a nice alternative to Chicken which has been known to cause allergies in some breeds. Here’s why we chose the mighty bird…
- Low in fat and high in Protein: Per 100g serving, turkey provides 160 calories with 72 calories coming from fat. It delivers 20g of proteins, 8g of fat and no carbohydrates. A skinless turkey breast has eight percent more protein than the same size serving of boneless skinless chicken breast or trimmed top loin beefsteak
- Turkey meat is a source of iron, zinc, potassium and phosphorus.
- Excellent source of vitamin B6 and niacin, which are both essential for the body’s energy production.
- It’s super yummy and accompanies sweet fruits and vegetables perfectly.
- ORGANIC! Animals raised for the purpose of providing certified organic meats are not allowed to eat any food which has been treated with synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, sewage sludge or radiation. Their food sources cannot contain any preservatives, additives or GMO’s. Organic Meat comes from animals raised on a diet consisting of their natural foods. Animals are allowed to roam free in environments free of filth and disease.
Pitty’s Bakery is currently offering two cookie varieties made with Organic Turkey Breast marinated in Rosemary.
Holiday Turkey Dinner w/ Blueberries
Blueberries are one of the most nutrient-dense foods in the world and contain large levels and a broad range of antioxidants. The ORAC score of blueberries is an incredible 9,621, which makes it one of the highest antioxidant foods in the world. Consuming just one cup of blueberries provides the following nutrients:
- Gallic acid
- Vitamin K (36 percent DV)
- Vitamin C (25 percent DV)
- Manganese (25 percent DV)
- Fiber (17 percent DV)
Holiday Turkey Dinner w/ Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are packed with potassium, vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin B6 which supports energy. Sweet potatoes are one of the best sources of vitamin A; a large one contains more than 100 percent of the daily recommended intake, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Vitamin A is an antioxidant powerhouse, and is linked to anti-aging benefits, cancer prevention and the maintenance of good eyesight, according to the National Institutes of Health.
Sweet Potatoes have been known to help with…
- Maintaining Energy
- Cancer Prevention
What’s a Holiday dinner without dessert?
We know how important it is to end things on a sweet note, so we made sure to include some decadent desserts for your pup.
It is one of the very low calorie vegetables. 100 g fruit provides just 26 calories and contains no saturated fats or cholesterol; however, it is rich in dietary fiber, anti-oxidants, minerals, and vitamins.
- One ounce of pumpkin seeds contains approx. 7 grams of protein.
- Both the pulp and seeds of pumpkin are rich in magnesium, which is an important mineral required for various biological functions. Magnesium is also required for the maintenance bones and teeth.
- The Beta carotene present in pumpkin seeds and flesh has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Pumpkins are natural diuretics. These help in flushing out the toxins and unwanted waste material from the body, leaving you refreshed and healthy.
Blueberry Pie- See above
All of are treats are made with either Organic Coconut Flour or Organic Whole Wheat Flour.
An important thing to remember is food is medicine. In its natural state it has all the tools to help maintain a proper functioning body and we should use it to our advantage. Your dog is trusting you to know what’s best for them. So don’t just treat them, treat them well. At Pitty’s Bakery our main ingredient is always love and we hope your dog loves them.
Order before December 11th for guaranteed delivery by Christmas